Title: Appui à l’intégration de Madagascar au Système Commercial International (Support to the integration of Madagascar to the International Trading System)
Project Location: Antananarivo, Madagascar
The overall objective of the project was to contribute to sustainable economic development and poverty reduction in Madagascar, through supporting the Ministry of Trade and Consumer Affairs of Madagascar in its integration into the International Trading System by providing technical assistance in:
- Operationalization of the National Export strategy, including the commercial opportunities offered by the new EPA;
- Support for the elaboration, updating of agreements and harmonization of texts with international regulations;
- Support for the operationalization of the National Committee for International Trade Negotiations (CNCI).
Enabling Environments implemented this project with a team of three key experts undertaking:
- Consultations and interviews with targeted groups and representatives from key private and public stakeholders;
- The Review of legal texts and the Study of Market Penetration and Market Access as well as updated work plans for the implementation of the EPA;
- Organisation of thematic training workshops and seminar.