Title: Capacity Building Support to the Melanesian Spearhead Group Secretariat (MSG) and to Enhance the Efficiency of the Region’s Trade Facilitation Services
Project Location: Vanuatu, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands
The overall objective of the project was to support the beneficial integration of the four MSG States into the world economy and, thereby, contribute to sustainable economic development and poverty reduction in these states.
The purpose of this technical assistance project was to:
- Strengthen the operations of the MSG Secretariat’s Trade Division to effectively monitor intra-regional and international trade flows;
- To identify air and shipping transport connectivity bottlenecks among the MSG member states and recommend suitable trade facilitation improvements;
- To improve access to trade-related tools and sharing of trade information.
Enabling Environments implemented this project through the expertise of a team of three key experts and two non-key experts, providing a range of highly specialised technical services to the MSG Secretariat, including:
- Consultations at regional level as required on opportunities for trade facilitation improvements;
- Provision of capacity building services to the MSG Secretariat and the four PACPS member states;
- Organization of a capacity building actions for the benefit of the main beneficiaries;
- Preparation of technical reports;
- Organisation and participation in Validation Meetings.