Title: Strengthening the institutional and legislative capacity of the Ministry of Tourism, Trade and Industry (MTCI)
Project Location: Timor Leste
The main objective of this project was to strengthen the institutional and legislative capacity of the Timor-Leste Ministry of Tourism, Trade and Industry (MTCI) in order to enhance private sector development and exports from Timor-Leste.
Enabling Environments achieved the objectives through the following activities:
- Drawing up of a framework and timeline of necessary legislation/regulations to be developed and/or reviewed;
- Reviewing the consistency between relevant legislation, systems and processes, as well as their effectiveness;
- Reviewing, updating and streamlining the legislative framework of the MTCI;
- Designing an entrepreneurs fund;
- Reviewing export procedures and policy;
- Identifying measures through which the responsibilities, outputs, efficiency and effectiveness of the work of the MTCI can be improved and streamlined in order to further strengthen the department.
A validation workshop was held to ensure buy-in and the transfer of knowledge and skills and lessons learned.