We are recruiting a Trade Expert for the assignment:
Targeted support to the Regional Multidisciplinary Centre of Excellence (RMCE) for the Implementation of the Key Trade Components of its APEI Programmes
Enabling Environments Ltd (EE) is a development consultancy that provides innovative and high-quality services to governments, funding agencies, NGOs and the private sector.
We are looking to recruit:
|Job Title||Non Key Expert 1: Trade Expert|
|No. of working days||50 wd|
The Expert will review and draft the key documents indicated in these terms of reference. He/she will also liaise with key stakeholders for this purpose and assist with trainings as required.
Qualifications and skills
- A graduate degree in Economics, International Trade, International Law or a related area/discipline, or working experience of at least 5 years in the field covered by this programme in addition to the general professional experience;
- Good command of English and French (at least level 2 on a scale from 1 (excellent) to 5 (basic) as per the EU-CV format).
General professional experience
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in capacity building and training programs on trade support activities in ACP / developing countries is highly desirable;
- At least three (3) years working experience and/or local expertise in Mauritius, IOC, SADC, COMESA or EAC region will be considered an asset.
Specific professional experience
- Five (5) years of professional experience in trade issues/procedures, such as private sector development and business climate enhancement in ACP / developing countries;
- Three (3) years of professional experience in implementing WTO Agreement, and the regional trade agreements to which APEI countries belong is desirable.
In the context of boosting the capacity of the APEI countries to enhance and sustain their regional economic and trade integration and the competitiveness gained thus far, the purpose of the support programme is three-fold: (1) To contribute to the facilitation of the free movement of business persons and professionals among the APEI countries; (2) To enhance and deepen cooperation in trade in services; (3) To enhance the business climate for increased investment and trade among APEI Member States.
To respond to this opening:
- email your CV in EU format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- complete and submit the application form
- quote the reference [T18-NKE1] in the subject line.
Applications which do not comprise the above will entail a longer response rate.
The closing date for completed application is on the 28 February 2019.